Data Lab is located in room 203-B on the second floor of Suna Kıraç Library.
There are 4 highly configurated computers available in the data lab that can easily run software such as data operations, data visualization, graphic design, and many more. Room usage can be made with a reservation system. The Details of the Data Lab are as follows:
4 highly configurated computers are available in the Data Lab.
The configurations are:
2 – HP P520 Workstation: (Suitable for rendering, data operations, etc.)
- Intel Xeon W – 2133 CPU
- 32 GB RAM
- RTX 4000 Quadro Graphic Card (8GB 256bit GDDR6 High Profile)
- Capacity: 512GB M2. NVMe SSD + 4TB HDD
- 900W Power Supply
2 – Dell Alienware: (Suitable for graphical design, 3D softwares, etc.)
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core CPU (OverClock Ready)
- 32GB RAM
- RTX2070 Super Graphic Card (8GB GDDR6 OC+VR Ready)
- Capacity: 512GB M2. NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD
- 550W Power Supply
Data Lab Usage Rules
- All Koç University members with a valid KU e-mail address can reserve a space in Data Lab to research.
- This room can be use only for the research purposes.
- Data Lab will provide service according to the following days and hours:
- Monday, Wednesday: 09.00 – 12.00
- Tuesday, Thursday: 13.00 – 16.00
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Closed
- Data Lab Spaces can be reserved for 3 hours. Users can book twice a week.
- Reservations should be made at least 1 day in advance. After the approval or denial, you will receive an e-mail.
- Cell phone use is limited in these rooms; Please make your speeches outside the library or in the telephone booths on the 2nd floor.
- Food and beverage consumption is not allowed in the rooms, except for water. Reservation owners are responsible for cleaning the room.
- During the use of computers, all responsibility belongs to the reservation owner.
- The person making the reservation must show KU ID Card before using the PC. Users who do not have a university card cannot use Data Lab and their computers.