With the new semester, there have been some changes in the library rules. In this context, you can find below the rules to be applied in the 2021 – 2022 semester:
Rules to Be Followed Inside the Building:
- Entry and exit to the Library will be made only through the main gate at the Koç Square with the University ID Cards. It is compulsory to scan the card while entering and exiting the Library.
- It is compulsory to use masks in the Library.
- It is compulsory for users to disinfect their hands with the hand sanitizer located at the entrance, while entering the Library building.
- Library occupancy rate information will be displayed on a screen at the entrance to the Library building.
- It is recommended to respect the social distance measures and not to study in groups.
- Library Group Study Rooms will remain close for a period.
- Users may pick and borrow books from the printed book collection during working hours. Books that are used inside the Library should be left on the edge of the shelf without being placed back on the shelf.
- The lending of iPad, calculator, DVD-ROM drive etc. all kinds of technical equipment that are borrowed from the Reserve Desk are temporarily suspended in order to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Users should return their books at the self-service refund machine located on the ground floor of the Library.
- The places of the furniture and chairs inside the Library should not be changed.
- It is forbidden to consume food (including packaged products) and drink (except water) inside the Library.
- The new rules will be posted visibly at the Library’s entrance, and all necessary information will be given to users.
- Users are required to abide by the rules set by the University and the Library.
Common Use Equipment:
- The use of computers in the Library has been rearranged according to social distance rules. For the health of the users, the keyboards will be covered with special covers that enable effective cleaning.
- Photocopiers in the building will remain closed for a certain period. In case of a need for photocopying, users will be able to print documents that they have scanned with the scanner devices.
- Library scanners can be monitored through computers. There is no need to contact the scanner.
- One of the printers located side by side in the building will be turned off, one will be active.