Library Users & Locations
Conduct in the Library
Library Code of Conduct
Suna Kıraç Library provides educational resources and services to support learning and scholarship at Koç University. The Library seeks to create and maintain a productive environment conducive to research, and study for members of the academic community.
It is the responsibility of Library users to contribute to this atmosphere and to respect the needs of other users. Therefore, users are required to adhere to the Library code of conduct and to refrain from behavior which impedes others in terms of their ability to conduct their studies or research.
The activities which are prohibited in the Library include and are not limited to, the following:
- Speaking loudly while others are studying or searching.
- Talking on the phone in the Library.
- Listening to music loudly, watching movie and using programs like Skype or Gtalk in the Library. Please wear headphones when listening to audio or watching video.
- Bringing food and drink into the library except water or drinks in enclosed mugs.
- Rearranging the furniture.
- Sleeping in the Library.
- Leaving study area dirty when finished with them.
- Misusing or damaging library materials and equipment.
- ‘Holding’ desks and tables with personal items. Desks which are left unattended for more than 20 minutes will be emptied of any stray items so that other students can make use of the space.
- The security of the library collection is provided with magnetic door control system. If you do not complete your lending process, it is forbidden to take the library materials out of the library. Otherwise, the library staff has the right to control your bag belongings.
We expect all Library users to please conduct themselves as outlined above and otherwise in such a way as to maintain an environment conducive to the productive study and research activities of everyone on campus.